When it comes to lowering your stress, little things can make a big difference. The items below can help you get more done, feel more in control, or just plain feel better about your life. Try them and see!
21 Instant Mood-Lifters...
- Set out your clothes the night before.
- Pack healthy snacks to help stay energized throughout the day.
- Hydrate. Without the water you need, it’s easy to feel sluggish for no apparent reason.
- Go to bed with a clean kitchen—and a sparkling clean sink.
- Put your phone on "Do Not Disturb." Enjoy the downtime.
- Plan something fun for later in the day/week.
- Leave early for work to beat the traffic.
- Listen to something inspiring, motivational, or educational on your commute.
- Write down your next three to-do items. Check them off as you go. Repeat.
- Stand up and stretch. Repeat throughout the day.
- Take a short walk outdoors. Enjoy the fresh air.
- Put on your favorite song. This isn't my favorite—but when you're taking life too seriously, it really hits the spot. Because nothing says lighten up like slide guitar, white shoes and really big hair. It also helps to sing along.
- Do at least one anonymous good deed every day.
- Cross something difficult off your list. The earlier in the day, the better.
- Throw something away—it goes back to my friend Steve's theory "Less stuff, more life."
- Tidy up your desk at the end of each day.
- Tonight when you get home, give yourself 15 minutes to put things away, clean out your briefcase, change clothes, and otherwise regroup.
- Fall asleep listening to your favorite music, lecture, or audiobook.
- Add a "just for fun" podcast to your queue.
- Pick up an old favorite book.
- Call a friend or family member just to say hello.
When it comes to lowering your stress, little things can make a big difference.
— Gina DeLapa