You can have warm, joy-filled holidays without overspending or ever setting foot in a mall. (How's that for an Ultimate Reminder?) As you read this list, I invite you to pick out your favorites and share them. You might even enjoy reading the list out loud.
Gifts that Make for Happier Holidays
- Health. Granted this time of year, we may have to work harder to maintain it.
- Pitching in before being asked
- A dash of assertiveness. Nothing soothes frustration and resentment like speaking up.
- The wisdom to pick your battles
- Honoring traditions, both serious and silly. In the words of Gustav Mahler, “Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.”
- Fun, even if you're not feeling it at first
You can have warm, joy-filled holidays without overspending or ever setting foot in a mall.
— Gina DeLapa