Who are the friends who make you smile—even when they're not around? What is it about them that makes you smile? Chances are they share most or all of the following qualities:
A friend is one who ...
- brings out your best
- helps you through the worst
- makes you laugh, often over something only the two of you understand
- is real with you
- splits the last brownie with you
- has your back
- says "I'll be there"—and is
- makes time for you
- gives without keeping score
- listens lavishly and gives advice sparingly
- puts away the phone when the two of you are talking
- believes in your dreams, believes in you
- makes time disappear
- can hang with you in good times and bad
Here's a little secret ...
The limo always breaks down—which is to say, Life happens. But good friends make the difference. It's no exaggeration to say they make the good times brighter, the tough times easier, and the whole trip more worthwhile.
Who are your most cherished friends? Are you giving them the heart and time they deserve? Do something this week—no matter how small—to make it a "Yes." You'll be glad you did.